Monday, October 18, 2010

How Do You Wash Dickies Backpacks

The Agartha - Deborah Goldstern

The Agartha
Deborah Goldstern



Map indicating the Agarthi

Today
Chronicle Underground presents a classic text within the underground literature. Under the guidance of Alec Maclellan, The Lost World Agarthi (1980), is a study of this particular author, who after starring in a strange experience in the English countryside, enters in the search for answers about the "enigma of enigmas."

Although long tried to get my hands on the material, and is currently a very difficult book to get into the rafts, through the offices of his friend Marcelo Martorelli, I finally have access to reading.

The paper summarizes the most important authors of the subject and is a useful introduction to those neophytes who want to start to walk the underground adventure. But for whom he writes, the author keeps repeating the same errors or mistakes committed by other researchers, in their haste to transfer fail the "door", as to this mystery, just scratching surface is not always very strong.

Moreover Maclellan, Agartha bases its vision, which we repeat not to be confused with Shambhallah, mixing at times both schools in a terminology that without the correct password leads to "error."

Beyond these recommendations, the book has interesting facts, and already we encourage readers not to lose the opportunity to have you as a reference for the underworld.

As an example, we reproduce one of the most disturbing chapters, which we believe is worth known.



a strange experience UNDERGROUND
AGHARTI THE LOST WORLD - Alec Maclellan






The day was going to have one of the strangest experiences and intimidating, my life, but ultimately fascinating, began in a rather ordinary.

In the company of some relatives, I was vacationing in the West Riding of Yorkshire, in the austere but pleasant town of Keighley, near the famous Llkley Moor. It was a summer day, and the clear blue sky and strong light sun highlighted the northern hills. Hardly deserve the name of mountains, as they are wide and squat, and the highest, Great Whemside, measuring only 649 meters high.

That morning had started toward the Great Whemside. I woke up early and headed to Grassington, where he planned to walk through the pleasant valley of the River Wharfe. Since I love ancient history, could hardly have picked a better place to begin my walk to Grassington, for there, in Lea Green, are the remains of a village in the Iron Age was occupied since 200 BC C. to 400 AD. The small circular mounds and grassy bricks offered mute evidence that this was one of the most populated of the valleys during the Iron Age, and showed also the reason why he is considered one of the most interesting prehistoric sites in England. As Lettice Cooper wrote in Yorkshire West Riding (1950):

"has always been fa Grassington in Wharfedale metropolis. There are remains of a prehistoric city there before the time when the Romans discovered the lead mines that gave it importance. Grassington and smeared in the valley below, are particularly rich in wild flowers and fairy tales. There are legends that speak of the dreaded "barguest" ghost dogs the valleys, whose apancron predicts disaster, and Fairy Hole (hole tale) is the name given to a lower opening in the limestone. "


All was peace and quiet when I started my tour the valley. It is strange, however, to return to my mind some words I had read the previous evening, were Daniel Defoe and tried on his trip to West Riding in the early eighteenth century. talked about the mountains of Upper Wharfadel that was before me under the warm light of the sun, saying: They are more terrible than any of the Monmouthshire and Derbysire, especially Pingent Hill. " I looked forward to my left and I could see only flat top "Pingent Hill", now known as Penyghent, and I was surprised that Defoe would have been so disturbed at the scene. I knew who had lived in a time not admiring the wild beauty, but his hostility was almost scary. Unexpectedly, a shiver ran down my spine. Then I realized what an omen ... . . "I walked

Grassington Moor and VI the first evidence of the mines, in part, attracted me to the area. From what I read before coming to Yorkshire, I knew that in the valley of the River Wharfe had been lead mining for centuries, and had worked well and levels, instead of exhumations through current, traditional method. Naturally, for this reason came the curious addition to the miners. The Rev. Baily Harker, in his pioneering guide, Rambles in Upper Wharfedale, published in 1869, actually encouraged the tourists to visit the mines. "I would recommend visitors travel through the ground," he wrote, although the decrease can be scary. You can reach the bottom of some of the wells by stairs, and on some other cases with ropes.


mines, of course, had closed nearly a century, but occasionally could be seen a strong soul rummaging through piles of trash to find pieces wands and lead ore they had left the old miners. In my walk I passed some of those piles of debris, and notes that he could identify some of the famous mines of Moss, Sara, Beaver, Turf Pits and Peru. I could feel that some time in this landscape was kindled with the activity of producing lead miners worth thousands of pounds a year. Now, under sunlight in the morning, all was still and silent.

To be honest, however, I must say that not only the mines had attracted me Wharfe Valley. Also stimulated my interest in the stories of caves and ancient tunnels that abound in the area said. A days before had made a visit to the Pig Yard Club Museum, in Settle, which contains a series of memories, all of which make you appreciate the reason why the caves of this area have said they were "a guide of life ancient times. " Contemplating this remarkable collection was reminded of the comment G. Bernard Woods in Secret Britain (1968) that "we should understand our belonging to a world almost unlimited in the still seething secrets, some of them half said."

Among the items in the collection is the skull of a large cave bear, an elephant evidence of co / mi 1I0s rhino straight and slender nose, a fishing spear made Horn with deer and a variety of ornaments and ancient coins, all excavated from caves in the area. My excitement at the sight all samples is very similar to that of Mr. Wood, who also wrote in his book: "Modern Problems soon put me in perspective to consider such evidence of past dangers, of humble household chores, or perhaps domestic happiness. " _
.
did not need more encouragement to explore Wharfe Valley. However, he also knew that although some of the tunnels and caves were dated as the Mesolithic, Neolithic and Bronze periods and iron, there were other much more striking, much more mysterious, few of which were fully investigated and knew the extraordinary testimony of one Dr. Buckland, who explored the Kirkdale Cave in 1882, and wanted to demonstrate in his book, Reliquieae Diluvianae that the remains he found " belonged to men who had been swept away by the flood of Noah. "

Walking through the valley that summer day was not hard, and before I knew it I was in the shadow of Great Whernside. He had already seen much evidence of the peaks that form in the large natural underground system, which attract many cavers each year, but what was I was more interested in the caves. I was at a point between the small villages of Kettlewell and Starbotton, where the steep edges of the hills near the valley, where fleeting glimpse of the entrance to a cave in the hillside. From where I was was not even sure that it was a cave, but by then was already eager to explore something and I turned my steps in that direction.

As I approached, I realized that I speak wrong: although the entrance to the cave was very small and cramped., Take the flashlight and shine carrying the beam of light, through the small opening. Only darkness spread before my eyes, and I could hear the soft sound of water dripped from the roof of the cave. As I entered, I noticed a stream of cold air. I hesitated a moment, and I wondered if I was worth, is worth exploring something so bleak. But was that the real reason for my doubts, I asked myself, or was attributable to the nervousness he felt? .


I decided, therefore. He had come so far to contemplate a cave, and would. I buttoned the jacket and shirt collar, and I set in motion following the powerful beam of white light from the flashlight. The walls of the cave seemed to go down gradually and then took a regular form of tunnel. The ground she walked on was hard and rocky, although occasionally splashing water in small ponds. Only the sound of my breathing and my footsteps broke the silence and the light in front of me revealed that the tunnel continued to decline gradually with hardly any curve. I turned once to look behind me, but only checked the impenetrable darkness.

I should walk about ten minutes before stopping. There was no indication that the tunnel would change in height or slope, and I asked myself how long I would continue

had found and explored one of the strange subterranean tunnels of the West Riding. It was caver and therefore was useless to continue further. Some repented and I thought it might even put in danger if I'm wrong about something.

Common sense, and perhaps a feeling of restlessness, I made up my mind. I researched the flashlight around me, and when he went back on my feet something stopped me. Having moved the flashlight had caught the corner of my eye a faint glow far ahead of me in the tunnel. Obviously, the penetrating light of my flashlight had hidden until then.

search deeper to make sure I was not wrong. No, there was clearly a shine off some distance ahead of me. I hesitated for a moment. Should investigate or return? While there, he stopped to light the tunnel, seemed to grow in intensity, although it could just be an illusion. With caution, I went back to move forward again, now directing the beam of a flashlight to toe. I walked carefully, keeping almost the breath for about 50 meters. From there I realized that the light was green and it seemed titillating. I had no idea what could be its origin and stopped again.

Then something even more extraordinary, I thought at first that the sound was that of my own breath, but then discerned clearly a gentle hum that gradually grew in intensity. While doing so, I felt under my feet, the ground began to vibrate, at first very gently, but growing in intensity uniformly. The buzz had turned into a rumble, and simultaneously the green light seemed to flicker with greater force. I felt the beat of my heart, and darkness came over me a sudden terror. He felt that something was coming towards me.


What the hell was happening? What was this strange light? And what was causing this vibration under my feet? I thought I find myself in a mine tunnel in Yorkshire long forgotten, but my senses seemed to me that he had entered a much more extraordinary.

In the ensuing moments, the flash of light and soil movement grew even more, and I thought that the tunnel would fall on me. That thought broke the feeling of awe that I was overwhelmed, and without thinking about it I turned around and ran back down the passageway.
I kept running until I came out, panting, through the tunnel entrance and felt the sunlight and the heat of that summer day. I plopped down exhausted on the floor and tried to catch his breath. Gradually, my panic was gone and tried to understand what happened.



There was no doubt about the green light he had seen or felt that the earth shake under my feet. If the mines of that area of \u200b\u200bthe country were still being worked, had tried to convince me that I had come very close to a borehole. If in any area of \u200b\u200bthis part of Yorkshire there is a subway, would have thought he had entered into a ventilation shaft. But I could not find any logical explanation for the experience he had just lived. * CITA 1

The strange green light was different anyone had seen before, and the noise gave me the impression of coming from a huge machine. Could be a light and some strange underground transportation? At that time I was not sure why these thoughts came to mind. And now, a decade later, I'm not sure it's the right solution, though, as this book tries to demonstrate, may not be far from the truth. I must admit that I never returned to find that tunnel, and I doubt I could do it now. That same day, returning to Keighley, shared my experience with my relatives and friends and what they told me that convinced me it had been a dream or a illusion and that, in all probability, had experienced the same sensations that resulted in the great tradition of Ridingde West Yorkshire, who says somewhere in the valleys is the entrance to an underground world. It was commonplace to say that this hostel was the underground kingdom of fairies, elves and dwarves, but some people argue that, in fact, is where live people like us who have lived hidden from the sight of man since time immemorial. Although in my later research, which tried to solve the mystery of my experience, I found abundant details about a "fairy underworld" (cf. A Tour of the Caves, 1781, the Reverend John Hotten, who has written Wharfedale caves were "alternately habitat giants and fairies, according to a different mythology prevailed in the country"), was actually the work of a man who lived in those moments where I found Wharfedale the most remarkable evidence of all. That man was Charles James Cutcliffe, Hyne (1865 ¬ 1944), who, though in practice it is a now forgotten author, is still remembered by some older readers as the creator of the hard and ruthless adventurer, Captain Kettle.

What interested me in the beginning of Cutcliffe Hyne, was the fact that he lived in Kettlewell, just a few miles of the strange cave where I lived experience. Second, he had won some fame as a daring adventurer who loved the exploration, and was obsessed with the legend of the lost Atlantis. * Appointment 2 And thirdly, he had written a book, now very rare to find, Beneath Your View! Boots (published in 1889), about an underground kingdom, which according to the gossip of Wharfedale was based on facts that were actually discovered.

When I get a copy and read it, I discovered that some of the events coincided exactly with my own experiences. The story tells the adventures of one Anthony Haltoun in an underground world that gets enter through a cave in the valley of the Wharfe, near its beginning. " The entrance is on "the northern flank of the valley, and the boy comes despite a warning from a local resident to" leave the caves in peace, preventing you hunt the people who live there. " Haltoun tells us that the passage had nothing to do with a lead mine, "because Wharfeale mines are mostly horizontal, while this was going down, with a gradual slope. Walking through it, is a bright light that flickered in the darkness and discovered a group of men advancing towards me. "As he approached the men, the earth was beginning to move and shake, and astonished Haltoun fainted.

When his senses, the narrator discovers that he has fallen into the hands of a subterranean race called the nrad, people with white skin and blond hair who lived in a state of harmony and peace since prehistoric times. They were supporters of the war, and it was his "hatred of fighting what he did in the first instance, seek shelter under the ground, because it was producing a butcher." Haltoun asks his guests: "- Am I to understand that there is a colony leading a normal life in this cave?.


" Well yes in part, but instead of a colony must talk of nation, and Instead of a maze cave almost endless. Our rooms and tunnels that connect branching under the totality of the British Isles, and in many places beneath the seas.. The nrad explained that they were governed by a Radon, "who is supreme in both temporal things as in the spiritual. He is at the same time, ruler and deity. It is said that mavestática Radon is a figure dressed in clothes of gold living in a beautiful and cavernous. Number. Of the 'inhabitants of this metropolis underground "is a bit more than ten thousand. .., Although there are other twenty thousand more in a ten-mile circuit that surrounds it." The

nrad Haltoun also tell you who took advantage of the structure of the earth create your underworld. "First, the crust is vesicular, ie, is full of holes formed by titanic convulsion irresistible or water erosion, and secondly, these cavities are ventilated by invisible air pockets." The Mayona, these tunnels were naturally occurring, but "here and there a symmetrically carved tunnel was indicative of the man's hand. (Then Haltoun comes to believe that these passages were drilled with rotary tools finished diamonds that had been extracted from the ground.) to illuminate their world, and also to drive the vehicles transported through tunnels, nrad had used "internal power of the earth, taken with deep holes." Cutcliffe Hyne
-
denies its readers complete accuracy of the underworld that I quoted here. But in his autobiography, My Joytul Lite, published in 1935, this novel concerns a legend in which it is based, and in doing so adds a whole new dimension to the story which is what prompted me to research which finally resulted in this book. In My Joytul Lite, volume very hard to find now-Cutcliffe Hyne first describes how he became interested in the mines of West Yorkshire as a child:

"I suspect that I must be a little caveman reincarnation of an ancestor, as my tastes have always been something troglodyte. My father was vicar of Bierley, a large and disorderly West Riding, where there were many coal mines. I had many dealings with one of his parishioners, a mine foreman, and he used to descend into the wells in the area where he wanted to take. You can say I came very young in mining, as "loaded" my first coal wagon at the age ten years. Bierleyeran small wells and (looking back) very early. The old steam engines, gears and ventilation of the oven had disturbed much to a government inspector today. But I learned to overcome the vertigo and claustrophobia, and instinctively look for the safety of my own skin. "

* The belief in the existence of an entry to the underworld in this part of Yorkshire is also expressed in the novel Land Under England, by Joseph O'Neill (1886-19531, published in 1935. O'Neill, who was Permanent Secretary of the Department of Education of the Irish Free State from 1923 to 1944, describes a totalitarian society of old people living below ground caves and passageways, and using telepathy to control the minds of its people. At that time, the book was regarded in part as an allegorical attack Nazi Germany. This introduction to the world beneath our feet "was also the cause of which was interested in the many legends about the caves and mines of the West Riding. Later, when I was at the University of Cambridge, learned rock climbing and was president of the Alpine Club Ciare; "dignity was granted. To jump across the canyon that separated our Trinitv Chapel Hall, putting on the steps of the roof of an empty jar jam, and return home unscathed. " This trip was useful in later life, when the adventure took him around the world, to places like Europe, Scandinavia, Africa, Mexico, South America, "both by cliffs and caves and mines deep '.

Exploring caves became the primary love-Cutcliffe Hyne, and in his autobiography describes underground passages have been explored in Yorkshire, in various parts of Europe and Africa, and have searched for lost treasure in a cave in Mexico. In these expeditions he first heard stories about an underground kingdom which he said was connected to all the nations of the world. "In South America I heard that there were enormous tunnels crisscrossing the continent, and finally were connected with the place prohibited. More curious still was the similar talks in Europe, and even some elders know the story West Riding and believed they had tickets in their own caves. It was said that the kingdom had Agharti name. "I read the book," Cutcliffe Hyne with absolute fascination. The idea of \u200b\u200ban underground kingdom connected with all continents of the world by a huge network of passages was amazing and put in boiling mind . If the legend was true, there must be a lost world under our feet that neither the time nor the activities of mankind for generations had been disturbed and so I started my research into this lost world called Agharti, and his extraordinary and ancient history, as describe in the following pages ...

The idea of \u200b\u200bthe existence of a world hidden beneath the surface of our planet is indeed very old. Countless', folk tales and oral traditions in many countries around the world talk about underground towns that have created a realm of harmony and joy that is not disturbed by the rest of humanity. Literature also has several books on this topic, Niels Ktima's Journey Underground, Dane Ludvig Baron von Holberg (1741), is perhaps the preeminent example-and the artists and poets have also been attracted by the subject on numerous occasions.

At first glance, many of the stories only seem fantasy, delicious stories of ethereal beings who are always on the surface of human consciousness. But when these stories come together and compared, some striking similarities are apparent among them. Regardless of what may be its origin there is a curious thread of truth behind them all. Nicholas Roerich, explorer, artist and Russian scientist, who will talk in more detail below, has expressed this fact in the most convincing in his book Abode of Light (1947):

"Among the many legends and fairy tales from different countries can find tales of lost tribes and subterranean dwellers. In large and diverse directions, people speak of identical facts. But the correlation, we see quickly that there are more chapters same story. At first it seems impossible that there is any connection between these distorted rumors, but then begins to capture a peculiar coincidence in these many legends of peoples who are even ignorant of the names of others. "It recognizes the same relationship in the folklore of Tibet, Mongolia, China, Turkestan, Kashmir, Persia, Altai, Siberia, the Ural, Caucasia, the Russian steppes, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, France, Germany ...; from highest mountains to the deepest oceans, tell how a sacred tribe was persecuted by a tyrant and how the people, not willing to submit to the cruelty, was locked inside the mountains. Even ask if you want to see the entry for holy people who fled ... "

Over the years, this kingdom of the exiles received different names. If it was considered as a place of evil, has been called Hell, Hadas or Tartarus. But if, as they have happened, it has been considered as a place of goodness and light, has been called Shangri-Ia, Shamballah or, especially, Aghar-(Note that this word, Agharti, is written as Asgharta, Agharta or Aghanti, but it appears more is usually in the latter form, so is the one I adopted throughout the book). Taking the legend in its most basic form, it is said that a mysterious Agharti underground kingdom situated somewhere in Asia, and connected to the other continents of the world through a vast network of tunnels. These passageways, partly natural formations and partly due to the work of the race that created the underground nation, provide a means of communication between all points, and has been since time immemorial. According to legend, today there are great lengths of tunnels: the rest has been destroyed by cataclysms. It is said that only a few high initiates know the exact location of these passages and their means of entry and cuidadosísimamente details are saved, because the kingdom itself is a vast storehouse of secret knowledge. Also is said to have manuscripts belonging to the lost civilization of the. Atlantis, and even. an old village that was formed by the first intelligent beings on the earth.

is no doubt that there are mysterious passages ba] or the surface. John Michell and Robert JM Rickard has written in his book, Phenomena (1977): "When looking for physical evidence to support these stories, we stumbled upon the largest and most repressed of archaeological secrets: the existence of vast and unaccountable systems of tunnels, partly natural and partly artificial, on the surface of a large part of the earth ... The book of Baring-Gould, Cliff Castles and Cave Dwellings of Europe, contains surprising extensive notes on the structures of caves and tunnels beneath France and other countries. In Archsic England, by Harold Bayley, there are reports of large passenger ancient tunnels that extended throughout much of Africa, including one beneath a river called Kaoma, "so extensive that the convoy took from dawn to midnight to pass it. " As we write this, in July 1976, there is news of a military-backed expedition to South America, with the dual aim of investigating the enigma of the stone cities "technologically impossible" to the mountains and explore the vast network of mysterious tunnels said to roam the Andes. If we prove the existence. of a living world below our own, have no trouble in pointing out the entrances to the underworld and there is good historical evidence of contacts between people and the underground. "Michell and Rickard also made the following interesting statement:" Assuming, as many nuts and great men have brought before us, that life exists on an underground world that is occasionally mixed with our many of our strange phenomena seem reasonable "

Looking at the doctrines of the Buddhists, we can also find a series of events related to Agharti. According to these teachings, the kingdom is located deep inside the planet and home to millions of people and peaceful nations, are ruled by wise and incredibly powerful call Jyepo Ridge, "the King of the World" living in a beautiful habitat in the capital of Agharti Shamballah call. Since there is contact with representatives of the "upper world", and therefore may influence the behavior of the "surface world." It is also said that "the King of the World" is in direct communication with the Dalai Lama of Tibet.



CITA 1
* I have suggested that green light may have been caused by a strange phenomenon known as foxfire, which is the result of swamp gas in the ground rotting and produces small flames, and that the noise was simply the sudden movement of some underground rock. While it is undeniable that both explanations are possible, not convinced. .

CITA 2
* Much of the history of Cutdiffe-Hyne is pure fantasy, fantasy certainly joyful, but in all the work there is also a strong vein of authenticity, a sense that some the facts are true, and others, though unprovable, are based on old traditions where you can always find authentic elements.

0 comments:

Post a Comment